Royal Aero GmbH is an international aviation product and service provider to the commercial aviation industry. We specialize in trading large commercial aircraft, aircraft engines and spare parts. We also provide engineering consultancy services to lessors and airlines. Our customers and business partners are mainly well-known international airlines, lessors, and their maintenance workshops. We have a permanent staff of only 28 people, operating as a close-knit team. We have offices and personnel located in Germany, the UK, and the USA.
We are looking for a
Technical Manager / Powerplant Engineer (M/F/D)
This role will be based from Royal Aero’s head office in Horsham with the flexibility to work from home, Technical Managers / Powerplant Engineers are expected to enhance their personal and company reputation through their positive attitude, knowledge, professionalism and integrity.
The role will be based on a 37.5 hour working week and salary will be dependent on experience.
Reporting to the Head of Operations and Chief Engineer, the Technical Managers / Powerplant Engineers at Royal Aero will primarily be responsible for the continued management of customer and internal portfolio of Engines, APUs and Thrust Reversers.
The role will involve providing regular updates of all current activities and issuing detailed technical reports to our customers which include leasing companies, banks and operators. International travel is essential to represent our customers at the various repair facilities.
The main tasks carried out day to day are as follows.
- Management of a portfolio of engines on behalf of our customers
- Management of company owned assets
- Shop visit management
- Engine acquisition due diligence
- Engine lease redeliveries
- MRO contract negotiation
- Engine workscope definition
- Engine removal and forecast planning
- Oversight and evaluate engine MPA runs and BSI, providing a detailed written report of the findings
- Evaluate engine invoices and maintenance reserve claim management
- Engine life cycle analysis
- AD and SB assessment
- Engine Trend Monitoring data analysis
- Report writing and formal presentations
- Organisation and management of third-party working parties
- Work to seek further business and new customers for the company
- Other duties that may be assigned to meet business needs
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
Engineering degree or an alternative technical qualification with a minimum of 5 -10 years work experience in engine leasing, airline, MRO or Consultancy organisation.
Excellent organisational and communication skills with the ability to write concise, well-structured reports containing reasoned sustained argument using adequately weighted evidence in response to specific questions. Reports should be clear, coherent, and grammatically correct.
Royal Aero GmbH,